Back to Discussions
Chat· edited

【Discovery】Phantom Model "Default"

ねねむ
Translated to English·

Today, I happened to come across an illustration like this.
image
It has a unique atmosphere and is cute, but the model name is "Default"...!? This model name doesn't appear in the usual gallery model search either...😳

This is a work from the year before last, and since I didn't know about this site's existence back when Default was still available, I don't know the details of this model, but I've speculated as follows:

① Considering the meaning of the word "Default," could this model have been the first model that was available on this site?

② By the way, among the currently available models, there are "Image v2" and "Image v3," but there is no "Image v1" (I've been wondering about this for a while). Perhaps this "Default" is the missing "Image v1"?

③ Looking at the style of the artwork, it vaguely resembles the atmosphere of Image v2. Image v2 is officially named "FLUX.1" (its abbreviation is "F1," so I think this is correct) and is one of several FLUX models. Therefore, there is a possibility that Default is also one of the FLUX models.

If anyone knows about this, please share information🙏
By the way, this prompt writing style looks familiar... Could the author be that one veteran user?

9 replies

こ

Hmm 🤔 interesting. The date is 2024/12/10, so it's quite a while ago. By the way, SerArt was released in Japan in May of the same year. I started doing it around July, so it's probably from the early days of this site. Default is not a model name but means initial state, I wonder? 🤔 What model was being used? SDXL? 🤔🕊️

こ

image
I tried it. As expected, the possibility of SDXL is high. 🕊️🌷

ね
ねむOP·

Thank you for the additional information!
At first I thought you made this work, but it wasn't you…😅
I also just remembered that the current "SDXL" is the default type of the SDXL model, so as you say, "Default" might be another name for SDXL🤔

ね
ねむOP·

I found another piece of evidence that "Default" is the same as "SDXL"!
I also found several other works made with Default, and among them, there was one whose art style was very similar to a picture I made with SDXL before creating my account! The eyes and face feel exactly the same! 👀
Other people's works using Default ↓
image
My work using SDXL ↓
image

た
たぬー·

There are also anime models besides this one. They must be models that no longer exist.

ね
ねむOP·

That's right! I've also seen pictures generated by Anime V2! Whether they are the same as the current V2 requires further confirmation, huh🔍️

日

There are some odd parts here and there, but I guess that's only natural lol.

ま
まれん2·

SDXL is the same as Default.
SNoW-san taught me, right?👍

I don't really remember, but the ANIME that existed before was just a modified part of Default, actually it's the same model.
The "Realistic" that disappeared a few months ago also seems related. What was it?🐱

ね
ねむOP·

Thank you for the accurate information! I'm not very familiar with anime or "realism", but I'm glad the mystery is solved!

Leave a reply

Join the community to share your thoughts and ideas.

Sign in to join the discussion